Official announcements / comunicados oficiales
reglamento / bylaws
This document is based on the “Reglamento de Peñas of Real Madrid CF” approved by the Club’s board on July 14 of 2016 and is designed to serve as a guide for the socios of the Peña Madridista Atlanta as it relates to the code of conduct, terms, conditions, and restrictions for memberships, tickets, and events of Real Madrid CF and Madridistas Atlanta Inc., a registered Georgia non-profit organization. The term socio means “Peña members.”
The Peña Madridista Atlanta’s (referred to as the “Peña” hereinafter) Board of Directors has exclusive jurisdiction to review and create policy in all matters relating to, arising out of, and/or concerning the Peña even if not specifically mentioned in the foregoing. Membership in the Board of Directors (referred to as the “Board” hereinafter) is by appointment only.
1. CODE OF CONDUCT
Every socio in their capacity as a Peña member is expected to follow the laws of the State of Georgia, act honorably, and treat fellow socios, Madridistas, businesses, and the general public with courtesy and respect. Socios are held responsible for conduct that reflects on the Peña as well as the club itself, and should therefore be mindful of that fact.
The socios of the Peña will be, and should be, held to the highest standards of ethical conduct. Trust and mutual respect among socios and Madridistas is the foundation of our Peña.
Madridistas around the world are united by our passion for Real Madrid, and our celebrations are part of this passion. Chants, celebrations, fan banter, and any other conduct needs to be respectful of the people around the Peña, our rivals, and the businesses that host our matches. The collective safety of the Peña, its members, and those around the Peña is paramount. Please act accordingly with this goal. All misconduct by socios and non-member participants is subject to review of the Board and could result in expulsion, permanent or otherwise. Conduct by socios and non-member participants that occurs outside the Peña but is deemed by the Board to affect the Peña in some form or fashion is subject to the same level of review as conduct that occurs in or around the Peña whether it is in person, on social media, or any other conceivable venue.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of examples of misconduct that could result in expulsion: fighting, beer throwing, bullying, racism, harassment of any kind, and any acts of violence. In addition to the immediate code of conduct, these actions are strictly prohibited by Real Madrid CF regulations and will not be tolerated. Engaging in misconduct of this kind will cause you to be asked to leave the event in concern and will bar entry to future Peña events. The Peña has a zero tolerance policy on this issue. Permanent expulsion of a socio or non-member participant is a power that lies with the Board and can be exercised in given situations of misconduct.
Please check the Real Madrid guide for prohibited football symbols: https://www.realmadrid.com/StaticFiles/RealMadrid/img/pdf/FARE_Signs_and_Symbols_2014.pdf
Treatment of new members is a particular point of emphasis. Socios are encouraged to welcome new Madridistas and let them know about our Peña and related activities. This helps to grow and develop our Peña but also engenders love and respect for Real Madrid. Unwelcoming behavior can be subject to review by the Board as misconduct pursuant to Article II above.
Being a socio of the Peña Madridista Atlanta is a privilege.
2. INTERNAL REGULATIONS
Article I. Board Members.
1. The Peña’s Board consists of the following 7 socios:
-Majin A. Hemer Sierra, President
-Kenneth Gutzler, Vice President
-Francisco Matute, Treasurer
-Javier Martin, Director of Relations
-Richard Panachida, Director of Relations & Legal Advisor
-Danny Roldan, Director of Social Media
-Nabeel Hassanali, Director of Relations
2. Decisions of the Board are made by a simple majority system and are not subject to review by any other person or entity besides the Board itself and its members therein.
Article II. Memberships.
- Memberships for socios are valid per calendar year and are non-transferable. The Board will indicate to socios when membership enrollment is to begin and end each year. It is important to note that membership enrollment does not necessarily coincide with the European football calendar.
- Membership fees for new socios & renewals are set by the Board. There is no circumstance in which membership fees can be waived.
- To be considered eligible for a “renewal” membership for a given year, socios must hold a membership for the season immediately preceding so that there is no lapse in membership for any period of time. A renewing socio cannot have failed to register during the preceding window of enrollment. There is no exception to this rule.
- If the socio does have a lapse in membership for a season or more, they will be admitted as a “new member” upon their next enrollment. There is no exception to this rule.
- Socios will receive a “membership package” of articles decided by the Board.
- Articles of the “membership package” are generally disclosed to potential/current Peña members in a manner decided by the Board prior to the initiation of the next enrollment period for members.
- Discounts included in the membership package are subject to change at any time upon decision by the Board.
- Membership enrollment period will close on March 31 of every year unless decided otherwise by the Board.
Article III. Socios rights.
- Socios have the right to make an inquiry or complaint to the Board at any time. The complaint or inquiry should be made in writing via email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each complaint or inquiry must be sent in a separate email. The subject heading should state whether the message is a complaint or inquiry. The email should be a maximum of ten sentences or 200 words, whichever occurs first, explaining the complaint or inquiry in a succinct fashion. Any complaint or inquiry not fitting this format will be disregarded. The Board will decide the manner of response to the complaint or inquiry as needed on a case by case basis.
- Socios may review the Peña financial statements in certain instances. This review must be initiated with a complaint or inquiry that follows the procedures mentioned in subsection (a) above. The meeting will be led by the Treasurer (Francisco Matute) and another Board member. Without the Treasurer and one other Board member present, the meeting will not take place. The schedules of the Board members, not the complaining party, will dictate the time, place, and duration of the meeting.
Article IV. Right for Tickets & Events.
- Communication with Real Madrid CF can be done only by an authorized Peña representative and never under any circumstances by a socio. Contacting Real Madrid on behalf of the Peña is prohibited and the socio may subject to expulsion from the Peña.
- In order for a socio to request tickets from Real Madrid CF you must meet the following requirements: 1) you must be a socio for at least one calendar year at the time of the request for a ticket; 2) the calendar year must be a rolling period and not in the aggregate; and, 3) you must attend at least 30% of the matches not including clasicos, Madrid derbies, and finals (Champions League, Copa Del Rey or any other final played by the team).
- Real Madrid tickets can be requested by sending an inquiry email to email@example.com meeting the requirements for such. Tickets are subject to availability from the club.
- Real Madrid match tickets are a privilege for socios only. You may request one extra ticket for a guest but that ticket is subject to requests by other socios. Socios are prioritized over any non-member. There are no exceptions to this rule. Ticket prices are set and payments are collected by Real Madrid CF and not by the Peña. The Peña does not profit from tickets requested by socios.
- Tickets requested by socios are treated on a first come, first serve basis.
- Events or trips organized by the Peña and/or other Peñas are treated with the same terms and conditions as match tickets and any other applicable rule or regulation.
3. APPLICABILITY OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT AND INTERNAL REGULATIONS.
The Code of Conduct and Internal Regulations are applicable to all socios upon joining the Peña and the terms are binding. There are no exceptions to this policy. These terms are subject to change by the Board in its normal course of business acting in the best interest of the Peña.
The Code of Conduct and Internal Regulations are applicable to all non-member participants at the Peña, no matter their form of participation. Non-member participants, by virtue of participating in the Peña in some form or fashion, are deemed to have given their implied consent to these terms and conditions because, as noted previously, the Board has exclusive jurisdiction to review and create policy in all matters relating to, arising out of, and/or concerning the Peña even if not specifically mentioned in the in the immediate document.
Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
Revised Feb. 1, 2021.